Title: 1955 NADAA Junior Seminar Textbook of Dances
Description: Softcover. Covers show general wear. Bottom edge of text block and rear cover are soiled; original owner's name on rear cover. 193 pp. 8.25 x 5.2 inches.
The last few blank pages are inscribed by several of the instructors as well as the president of the NADAAA, Arthur Bergh.
- Kathryn Etienne (also known as Madame Etienne, who ran a Hollywood dance studio, family member of the Charisse Ballet Troupe, and early teacher of Mitzi Gaynor);
- Ted Howard (a manager of Barbara Perry's dance studio in Hollywood);
- Buster Cooper (proprietor of the Cooper School of Dance in Dallas, Texas);
- Toni de Felice (Washington D.C. dance instructor);
- Mary Kasai (who opened the Kasai Dance Studio in Pocatello, Idaho, in 1948);
- Stanley Herbertt (artistic director of the St. Louis Ballet, veteran of Chicago Opera); and
- Kenneth Bartmess.
Includes instructions for a variety of dances (each led by one of 26 different instructors) that also indicate the piece of music to be played (often noting a specific record), plus the complete time schedules for the Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Boston, and New York seminars held during the summer of 1955.
Binding: Soft Cover
Publisher: National Association of Dance & Affiliated Artists, Inc.
Place: Los Angeles, Calif.
Keywords: National Association of Dance and Affiliated Artists, dance instruction, Kathryn Etienne, dancing, dances, 1950s, Fifties,
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.