Title: The Holland Land Co. and [Erie] Canal Construction in Western New York. Buffalo-Black Rock Harbor Papers: Journals and Documents
Author: Buffalo Historical Society
Description: Original printed wrapper. Covers show some edge-chipping; discoloration on spine due to acidification of binding glue. Six illustrated plates (including frontispiece with tissue guard) and three maps. Index. xiv, 496 pp. 9.5 x 6.25 inches. In a removable clear archival sleeve. (Volume fourteen of the Buffalo Historical Society publications.)
A collection on documents and materials bearing on the original construction of the Erie Canal in Western New York, and on the early harbor work at Buffalo and Black Rock.
- The Holland Land Co. and Canal Construction in Western New York (being more than 180 pages of correspondence);
- The Erie Canal and the Settlement of the West (by Lois Kimball Mathews); From New York to Niagara (Journal of a Tour, in part by Canal, in 1829 by Col. William Leete Stone);
- Journal of a Tour from Albany to Lake Erie, by the Erie Canal, in 1826 (by George W. Clinton);
- Buffalo and Black Rock Harbor Papers (1816-1825);
- Notes on the Service of Israel T. Hatch in Behalf on New York Canals.
Includes the Proceedings of the Buffalo Historical Society (being the 1909 & 1910 meetings and the Fillmore Manuscripts) and the extensive List of Manuscripts of the Buffalo Historical Society.
Binding: Soft Cover/Wraps
Publisher: Buffalo Historical Society
Place: Buffalo, New York
Keywords: Erie Canal, Buffalo, New York, Black Rock Harbor, Erie County, history, construction, Niagara, Lake Erie, Buffalo Historical Society,
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.