Title: region (number 1, summer of 1963): a new magazine of the arts & social analysis
Author: David Morton, Carl Klein, Hugh Brown, Marvin Davidov (editors).
Description: Staple-bound in card covers. Covers show very light rubbing wear; small spot of abrasion. Interior is clean and unmarked. 23,  pages. 8.4 x 5.5 inches. One copy noted on OCLC (Harvard). Laid-in is a four-page poem by David Kerr Morton (''a choral poem for three voices: Child's Play'').
Minneapolis underground journal, 1963. Includes two poems by Hugh Brown (very likely the same Hugh Brown who was Bob Dylan's freshman-year college roommate at the University of Minnesota, who Dylan memorialized in his song ''Talkin' Hugh Brown'' which was recorded in his apartment in September 1960. [It appeared on a couple bootlegs, with the source identified variously as the ''Minnesota University Tape'' or the ''Minnesota Party Tape''.] The contributor bio on the back cover states that Hugh Brown ''went to school at Reed, S.F. State, U. of Minnesota, U. of Wisconsin, U. of Illinois. He hold no degrees. Presently he works at the highway dept. in support of his Wife & child.''
- David Anderson (classmate of Dylan's at UM),
- Micheal Balzic (sic) [Michael Balzer],
- Hugh Brown (see above).
- Roland Flint (1934-2001, Poet Laureate of Maryland and longtime professor of English at Georgetown),
- David [Kerr] Morton (1939-2020, author, activist, 1961 Freedom Rider, friend and roommate of Bob Dylan, and central figure in the Dinkytown scene),
- Richard Shaw (1930-2019, professor of English at the University of Minnesota),
- John Sladek (1937-2000, Minnesota author who later collaborated with the science fiction author Thomas Disch).
Binding: Staple bound soft cover
Condition: Very Good
Keywords: literary journal, underground journal, University of Minnesota, Hugh Brown, Bob Dylan, Minnesota, poetry, Dinkytown, Jook Savages, Minnesota author,
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.